Travelling? Wherever you're going, pack travel insurance
Taking out Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance means you can travel without the worry, or the hassle, of getting cover every time you go. If you're travelling more than once this year, consider choosing multi-trip cover.
Our Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance is family friendly - your children under 18 are covered when travelling on a family policy.
Travelling more than once this year? Consider multi-trip cover
So whether you're simply popping over to watch the football, fancy a weekend shopping trip to Paris, or are taking a two week family holiday, if you're going away more than once in a year it's worth considering Multi-Trip Travel Insurance.
With our Annual Multi-trip policy although you can take multiple trips within the policy year, there is a maximum duration for each individual trip. This limit varies depending on the cover level chosen and will be 17 or 31 days*. On some policies the limit can be extended to 45 or 60 days for an additional premium.*
Pay a little now, or risk paying a lot more later
Our recommendation to anyone travelling away is to make sure you have adequate travel insurance. It's only a small cost to pay for something that could save you a small fortune if you are unlucky enough to have an accident or unexpectedly fall ill abroad.
If you have a European Health Insurance Cardopens in new window (EHIC) some state-provided medical healthcare may cost less than you'd otherwise pay when you're travelling in Europe. But travel insurance will normally cover more of the cost for you.
You voted us one of the best Travel Insurance providers
With everyone from banks to supermarkets offering travel insurance nowadays, which provider should you choose? Perhaps you should consider what Post Office Money has to offer. We’ve been voted one of the best British Travel Insurance Providers by the UK public for over ten consecutive years. We're particularly proud of our achievement because those awards are based solely on the number of votes we receive from the UK public. In other words, we have people like you to thank for our success.
What makes us so popular?
It could be how well we protect you when you travel away. For example, our emergency medical cover doesn't just protect you if you're unfortunate enough to have unexpected hospital treatment when you're on holiday. It insures you for emergency dental treatment too. So if your toothache is so bad that you have to include a visit to the dentist on your itinerary, at least we can take away some of the pain when you get the bill.
We protect you in other ways too
If your passports, travel documents or luggage gets lost or stolen, we can help by paying towards sorting out a replacement. We can also cover you if a broken-down vehicle or public transport delay means you arrive at the airport late and miss your departure. You'll enjoy personal liability and protection for legal costs you might unexpectedly incur while you are away too.
If you decide on a Premier or Premier Plus policy you will be able to enjoy complimentary airport lounge access if your flight is delayed for two or more hours.^^
Winter Sports, Gadgets, Golf, Cruise & Business cover too
If you are looking forward to a ski, golf, cruise or business trip, we offer the below additional cover options for an additional premium ;
- Winter Sports cover for skiing, ski run walking, snow boarding and skiing & snow boarding off piste within resort boundaries. Essential protection in case of accidents on the piste and damaged or stolen ski equipment and piste closure. Please note that Winter Sports cover provides up to 17 days cover, in total, during the policy year. If you are participating in any winter sports activities you must purchase the winter sports cover option to be covered for claims relating to these activities.
- Cruise cover for missed port, cruise interruption and evening dress hire cover. As well as protecting you if you’re ill or require emergency treatment on board, this cover will pay for you to continue your trip if you miss your departure. There's also cover if a temporary illness or lost passport interrupts your trip or you need to hire evening dress if yours is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Gadget cover provides additional protection of up to £1,000 per policy for loss, theft or damage to mobile/smart phones, laptops, tablet computers, games consoles, SatNavs, PDAs, drones etc taken on a trip.
- Note: This cover is per policy and not per person and is in addition to the cover provided for Gadgets under the standard Baggage cover. A policy excess will apply and there may also be a deduction for wear and tear. (See the Policy Wording for full terms).
- Golf cover for golf equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged and non-refundable green fees if you are unable to play due to illness or adverse weather conditions that make the course unplayable. There's also hole-in-one cover for your celebrations on the 19th hole.
- Business cover for accidental loss, theft or damage to business equipment and business cash. A replacement employee if illness or injury prevents you completing the trip.
If your holiday is cancelled, we can help
Our multi-trip cover is in place for a whole year, so you can be reassured knowing your holiday is protected from the policy date start. That means even if you're fabulously unlucky and all your holiday bookings this year are cancelled, you'll be covered every time.
Quality cover and service
If something goes wrong on holiday it's too late to find out that your travel insurance isn't as good as you hoped. So if you want peace of mind before you go away, make sure your travel insurance is with a provider that you can really trust.
Choice of cover to suit your needs
We offer Annual Multi-trip policies right up to the age of 75 with different levels of cover to choose from. Whichever is right for you, you'll enjoy protection from a provider who helps look after thousands of UK travellers around the globe every year.
How it works
To be eligible for this insurance you must reside in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and not spent more than 6 months abroad in the year prior to purchasing the policy, and you must be registered with a GP in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
The availability of cover options is dependent upon the level of cover you select. Conditions and exclusions apply. For full details of what's included with your cover, check the Policy Wording