Travelling? Wherever you're going, pack travel insurance
Wherever you are travelling to, and for however long you're thinking of going, don't overlook your travel insurance. It might not be the most exciting thing to think about, but it's just as important as your passport and your travel tickets.
Just what the doctor ordered
If you are unlucky enough to have an accident or unexpectedly fall ill on your holiday, you might find treatment extraordinarily expensive. Emergency medical cover can help cover you for your hospital costs. It can cover you for emergency dental treatment too, if you suffer from agonising toothache, or find it too painful to eat while you're away.
Missing wallet or missed departure? We can help
You'll also be very grateful you took out travel insurance if essential items like passports, travel documents or luggage gets lost or stolen. It could even cover you if a broken-down vehicle or public transport delay means you arrive at the airport late and miss your departure.
If you decide on a Premier or Premier Plus policy you will be able to enjoy complimentary airport lounge access if your flight is delayed for two or more hours.^^
When you need single trip insurance
As you might have guessed from its name, single trip travel insurance is suitable cover for you if you're only going away once in the near future. Any more than that and you may be better off with annual multi-trip cover.
There's travel insurance and the right travel insurance
You may think you have cover already. Perhaps because your bank or credit card includes it as a perk. But have a quick look at the policy to see if it gives you the cover you need. Watch out if your holiday provider offers to include travel insurance as part of a package too. You could be paying much more than you need to, just for the convenience.
EHIC is good, but not good enough
You may have heard about the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). It will give you some state-provided medical healthcare for less than you'd otherwise pay, if you're travelling in Europe. But travel insurance will normally cover more of the cost for you.
Cover for medical emergencies to bankrupt holiday providers
Use us to protect you on your trip abroad and, as well as cover for emergency medical treatment and lost valuables, you'll also enjoy personal liability and protection for legal costs you might unexpectedly incur while you are away.
You may be one of the growing number of independent travellers who book their flights and accommodation separately instead of choosing a package holiday. Without suitable cover you're not covered if your airline or hotel provider goes bust. Some of our travel insurance policies provides protection for this.
Winter sports, gadgets, cruise, golf and business cover can all be added for an additional premium.
- Winter sports cover for skiing, ski run walking, snow boarding and skiing & snow boarding off piste within resort boundaries. Essential protection in case of accidents on the piste and damaged or stolen ski equipment and piste closure. If you are participating in any winter sports activities you must purchase the winter sports cover option to be covered for claims relating to these activities.
- Cruise cover for missed port, cruise interruption and evening dress hire cover. As well as protecting you if you’re ill or require emergency treatment on board, this cover will pay for you to continue your trip if you miss your departure. There's also cover if a temporary illness or lost passport interrupts your trip or you need to hire evening dress if yours is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Gadget cover Provides additional protection of up to £1,000 per policy for loss, theft or damage to mobile/smart phones, laptops, tablet computers, games consoles, SatNavs, PDAs, drones etc taken on a trip.
Note: This cover is per policy and not per person and is in addition to the cover provided for Gadgets under the standard Baggage cover. A policy excess will apply and there may also be a deduction for wear and tear. (See the Policy Wording for full terms).
- Golf cover for golf equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged and non-refundable green fees if you are unable to play due to illness or adverse weather conditions make the course unplayable. There's also hole-in-one cover for your celebrations on the 19th hole.
- Business cover for accidental loss, theft or damage to business equipment and business cash. A replacement employee if illness or injury prevents you completing the trip.
You're covered from the moment you take out your policy
That means if you unexpectedly fall ill, suffer injury or bereavement that prevents you from travelling, you'll be covered.
A choice of cover to match your needs
We can offer you a choice of insurance at five different levels. Super Economy, Economy, Standard, Premier and Premier Plus. We also offer Classic, Superior and Superior Plus which are designed to allow us to offer cover to more customers with existing medical conditions. Pick the one that suits you.
We've won awards for travel insurance. Again and again and again
We’ve been voted one of the best British Travel Insurance Providers by the UK public for over ten consecutive years. We're particularly proud of our achievement because those awards are based solely on the number of votes we receive from the UK public. In other words, we have people like you to thank for our success.
So why not use us as your travel insurance provider?
With our experience in helping thousands or people go on holiday all over the globe, you'll be in good hands with Post Office Money.
How it works
To be eligible for this insurance you must reside in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and not spent more than 6 months abroad in the year prior to purchasing the policy, and you must be registered with a GP in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
The availability of cover options is dependent upon the level of cover you select. Conditions and exclusions apply. For full details of what's included with your cover, check the Policy Wording.