down-arrow icon

Home Insurance

Our homes are our sanctuaries, the places where we can relax. Whether you own a house or rent a flat, protecting with our home insurance gives security to the place that matters most.

chevron-right icon

Coronavirus update

Most of our Sales & Service contact centre staff are working from home but are still ready to help you if you call. Our call centre opening hours have not changed. It is also easy to register or log in to use our online Self Service Centre to view and download your policy documents:

If your Home insurance policy begins with an “H followed by numbers” and you need to contact our CLAIMS department about a new claim you can do this online:

Otherwise you can call the Household Claims line 0345 165 0915 anytime 24/7.

Difficulty paying your insurance premiums during the Coronavirus crisis?

If you are experiencing difficulty in paying your insurance premium during the Covid crisis we at Post Office Insurance are here to help. Please make a note of your home insurance policy number and when it started or renewed, then give our Sales & Service team a call.

check icon cross icon chevron-right icon down-arrow icon

A brand you can trust


Post Office have core values at the centre of everything we do. We’ve been on the high street and in your community for nearly 400 years. Trust, value, reliability and transparency all make customers feel secure in their purchases. And our home insurance is no different.


We know that your home is where your heart is. So our priority is to help you keep it safe and secure. Below are some reasons to consider getting your home insurance with Post Office.

Existing Customers

Login or retrieve a quote

Use our Self-Service Centre to manage your quotes or home insurance policy.

Why choose Post Office Home insurance?

  • Legal

    Extra reassurance with our Legal Helplines Service for everyone~


    Your home isn’t just a building. It’s a lifestyle, from the little things inside to the little people who grow up there. And our Legal Helplines Service offers advice dealing with neighbourly disputes to bereavement counselling, to support you and yours.

  • Levels of Cover

    Choose which level of cover suits you best

    No two homes are the same, so we don’t have a one-size-fits-all policy for our Home insurance. We have 2 cover levels – Silver and Gold which both have a 5* Defaqto rating.

  • call-centre

    UK call centres and anytime claims line

    You never know when the unexpected might happen. Often at weekends and even on Christmas Day. So our claims lines are open 24/7, 365 days a year. And all our call centres are based in the UK.

  • Flexible

    Cover limits to suit your needs

    Our buildings cover goes up to £1m for both our Silver and Gold cover, and you can choose contents cover from £80k to £100k. You can find the details of these in our tables below.

chevron-right icon

What's covered in our Home insurance?

We have two different cover levels of home insurance to suit your needs. For full details of what's covered and what’s not covered read our policy booklet and for more information read our Home Insurance policy terms and conditions.





  Post Office 5 Star Defaqto
Post Office 5 Star Defaqto

Buildings Insurance

Buildings sum insured

The maximum amount you can claim for

Up to £1,000,000 Up to £1,000,000

Rent and alternative accommadation

Cost of somewhere to stay if your home cannot be lived in

Up to £200,000 Unlimited

Replacement locks and keys

Covering the cost of locksmith charges or replacement keys if they are lost, stolen or damaged

Up to £1,000 Up to buildings sum insured

Contents Insurance


The maximum amount you can claim for

Up to £80,000 Up to £100,000

Valuables inside the home

The limit on belongings such as jewellery, ornaments and works of art

Up to £24,000 Up to £30,000

Valuables single item limit

The maximum we will pay out on a valuable item

Up to £2,500 Up to £2,500

Garden cover

Covers hedges, lawns and plants in your garden against loss, damage and theft

Up to £1,000 Up to £1,500

Accidental damage to home entertainment equipment

Included Included
chevron-right icon down-arrow icon

Choose buildings cover, contents cover or both


Whatever stage you’re at in life, protecting what matters most to you is a must. So if you’ve just bought your first house and moved everything in, or you’re packing up to move into a student flat, it’s important to protect what’s yours.


Buildings insurance

This protects the physical building and its features.

Contents insurance

This is cover for everything inside a building that isn’t part of its structure or its fixtures and fittings.

circle-outline icon

Extra cover for your priorities


We all have different priorities about what’s important to us and what we’d like to cover. For an additional fee, we have two products that you may like to add as extra cover for you and your home.


Home Emergency*

No one can predict when an emergency will strike, so with Home Emergency, we offer immediate help if there’s further danger to your property or the people in it.


Family Legal Protection*

This provides legal advice and guidance for dealing with legal issues and legal representation where appropriate.

plus icon minus icon chevron-right icon

Home Insurance FAQs

chevron-right icon
circle-outline icon chevron-right icon phone icon online-application icon

What do you need help with?

A New Policy

Call us on 0333 44 39 848**
It’s also quick and easy to get a quote
online today.

An Existing Policy

Need to make a change or speak to us.


~The Legal Helplines Service is provided by DAS Law Limited and/or a range of specialist providers on behalf of DAS Services Limited (DAS).

*Post Office Family Legal Protection (FLP) and Home Emergency (HE) enhanced cover is underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited (DAS).

**Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calling a standard geographic number starting with 01 or 02 from your fixed line or mobile and may be included in your call package dependent on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes.


Small print

Post Office Management Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and is registered in England and Wales. Our financial services registered number is 630318. The registered office for Post Office Management Services Limited is Finsbury Dials, 20 Finsbury Street, London, EC2Y 9AQ. Our Registered Number is 08459718.