Know what to pack
- Passports - Check well in advance of your ski trip that your passport has at least six months left before it expires then keep it in a safe place.
- Travel tickets
- Accommodation details
- Ski hire details
- Driving licence – if you plan on hiring a car when you get to your destination then this is a necessity on your ski packing list.
- Travel insurance - Don't forget to take a note of your travel insurance details e.g., emergency contact phone numbers and policy number
- Global Health Insurance Card - The Ghic is a ski list essential in EU countries but it only covers you for certain medical treatment and doesn’t include getting you airlifted off the mountain or flown back to the UK. Nor does it cover extra accommodation or transport costs for a family member should you need a long stay in hospital.
- Before you go, take copies or pictures of all your essential documents and email them to yourself so you can always access them in case of loss on your ski holiday.
Feel safer on the slopes with travel insurance with optional winter sports cover
- A day pack to securely carry your phone, camera, water bottle and any layers you need to shed halfway up the mountain.
- Multi-purpose tool kit
- Spare passport pictures for your lift pass
- Plastic bags for dirty or wet clothes
- Water bottle
- Packet of tissues - Getting a runny nose on the ski lift is a common occurrence, so keep a few travel-sized packets of tissues handy.
- A good book should also be on your skiing checklist. Because you need to sit down and relax some time.
- Hand and feet warmers - or, for the true ski gadget fan, rechargeable heated gloves.
- High energy snacks
- Ear plugs and eye mask
- Swimwear, in case your hotel has a heated swimming pool.
Interested in travel insurance?
Other travel products
Order foreign currency online or in selected branches. Pick up in any branch or get it delivered to your home.
One prepaid Mastercard™ that stores up to 23 currencies.
Get your passport application right the first time. We can even complete and submit it for you digitally.