Things you need to know
- Depending on how long you live, you could pay more in monthly payments than the cash sum we pay out when you die. The cash sum you choose is fixed and inflation (the rising cost of goods and services) will reduce its value over time.
- **We only pay out on death. There is no cash-in value at any time. If you die from natural causes in the first 12 months, we will pay one and a half times the payments you have paid. If you die from natural causes after 12 months we will pay the full cash sum. If you die from an accident in the first 12 months (please refer to the Post Office Money Over 50s Life Cover Terms and Conditions for an explanation of accidental death), we will pay the full cash sum. If you die as a result of an accident after the first 12 months, we will pay two times the cash sum.
- We will stop collecting payments after a maximum of 30 years, or on the policy anniversary date after you reach age 90 or when you die, whichever is sooner. If you stop making your payments your cover will end and you’ll get nothing back. We can tell you about our cover but cannot advise if it is right for you. If you are not sure if it is right for you, please ask your financial advisor, or visit unbiased.co.uk to find one who could help.
- Click here if you would like to read the Post Office Over 50s Life Insurance Terms and Conditions. If you apply for cover, you will also receive them with your policy documents.
- The Funeral Benefit Option is not regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority or the Financial Conduct Authority.
- ^This service is provided by RedArc and is not part of the product contract and can be withdrawn at any time. RedArc Ltd is an independent care advisory service and is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Post Office Money Over 50s Life Cover is provided by The Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited.
If you buy a Post Office Money® Over 50s Life Cover product in a Post Office branch or over the telephone, it has been arranged and sold by Post Office Limited and Post Office Management Services Limited. If you buy the product by post or online, it has been arranged and sold by The Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited following an introduction by Post Office Limited and Post Office Management Services Limited.
Post Office Limited is an appointed representative of Post Office Management Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 630318. Registered in England and Wales. Registered numbers 2154540 and 08459718 respectively. Registered office: Finsbury Dials, 20 Finsbury Street, London, EC2Y 9AQ. Post Office Money and the Post Office Money logo are registered trademarks of Post Office Limited.
Post Office Money® Over 50s Life Cover is provided and administered by The Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, FRN 117672. Registered in England and Wales number 99064. Registered office: 55 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0RL. These details can be checked on the Financial Conduct Authority.
Post Office and Royal London are not part of the same corporate group.