Activating your card
You’ll need to activate your new Travel Money Card to begin enjoying the benefits.
You’ll find details of how to do this on the letter provided with your card.
Spending your money
Load any of the 23 currencies on your Travel Money Card. Then use it at any of the 36 million shops, restaurants and bars around the world that welcome Mastercard.
You can also withdraw cash from ATMs and make online transactions (fees apply).
When you return from your holiday you can spend your money in the UK in the same way or withdraw it over the counter in any Post Office branch. Cash withdrawal fees and limits apply.
Hint - When spending overseas, always choose to spend in local currency (sometimes called without conversion) to avoid unnecessary charges and exchange rates being applied.
Post Office Travel app
Your smartphone app makes it easy to:
- Top up to 23 currencies on to your Travel Money Card from anywhere in the world
- View your recent transactions
- Check your balance
- Purchase Post Office Travel Insurance
- View and download your Post Office Travel Insurance policies
- Find your nearest ATM and Post Office branch
You can download the Post Office Travel app at;