Key findings include:
- Holiday motorists can save up to 19 per cent on fuel in Europe as pump prices tumble despite the weaker pound
- European fuel has fallen by up to 20p a litre for unleaded petrol (Switzerland) and up to 18p a litre for diesel (Greece) in a year
- Unleaded petrol costs least in Andorra, Austria, Cyprus and Luxembourg – it costs under 90p per litre in all four countries
- Three-quarters of the 20 countries surveyed for the report offer a sub-£1 litre of diesel, with Andorra the cheapest at 66p
- Diesel costs the same as unleaded petrol in the UK, but at £1.08 per litre is the most expensive destination surveyed, with the exception of Norway
Currencies for the destinations included in the Motoring on the Continent report are among 30 available on demand at 1,600 larger Post Office branches, while over 10,000 Post Office branches offer euro over the counter.