The interest rate offered on assessment may differ and the representative rate may not be the rate that you receive. The rate you are offered will depend on a number of factors including the amount you wish to borrow, your chosen term, your personal circumstances and your credit rating.The maximum APR you could be offered is 29.9%.
Your Application Checklist
It only takes a few minutes to apply for a Post Office Money Personal Loan. You will be given an instant decision at the end of the application where possible. Loans are subject to status.
Final checks before you apply:
- You have been a UK resident for at least 3 years.
- You are over 21 and no older than 70 when the loan term ends.
- You are employed or self employed with a salary of £12,000 or over.
- You do not know of, or anticipate, any changes to your income during the life of the loan which could materially affect your ability to afford the repayments.
- You have a good credit rating without a history of County Court Judgments or bankruptcy.
- You have a UK based bank account or building society account that can pay direct debits.
- Make sure you can afford the monthly repayments as missed payments could have severe consequences on obtaining future credit.
To complete the application you will need:
- Your residential address(es) for the last three years.
- Your (current) bank or building society account details.
- Your current employer's details.
- Your current income and outgoings.
You need to make payments on time or you will be charged a late payment fee. Missing payments could have severe consequences on obtaining future credit.
Please read the Statement of Lender & Borrower Responsibilities which sets out our key responsibilities.