Things you need to know
- ** Your cash sum is dependent on your age, smoker status, length and type of cover and your personal circumstances at the time you apply.
- ^These services are not part of the product contract and can be withdrawn at any time without notice. Post Office Here to Help (provided by RedArc Limited) and Post Office Health and Wellbeing Services (provided by MediPartner Limited) are independent health and advisory services and are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Post Office Life Insurance offers up to £750,000 cover,depending on your age, for customers who are UK residents aged 18-70 at the start of the policy. The minimum term is 5 years and cover must end before your 90th birthday.
- We won’t pay a claim on death if it was as a result of suicide or intentional self-inflicted injury within 12 months of the start date of your policy.
- Critical Illness Cover can pay an extra cash sum if you are diagnosed, during the term of your policy, with one of the four critical illnesses covered that meets our definition.
- We won’t pay a claim on terminal illness if you don’t meet our definition of terminal illness; or terminal illness is caused by intentional self-inflicted injury within 12 months of the start date of your policy. The full definition of terminal illness can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
- We won’t pay a claim if you don’t keep your payments up to date as you will no longer be covered under the policy. If you don’t tell us something or give us incorrect answers to our application questions that affects your cover we may reduce the amount we pay for a claim or at worst cancel your cover and not refund your monthly payments. If you’re a UK resident aged between 18 and 70, you can apply for cover. Please see Terms and Conditions for further details about the restrictions that apply.
- ^^ In the last 14 consecutive annual YourMoney.com Awards, Post Office Insurance won at least one of: Best Online Life Insurance Provider, Best Direct Life Insurance Provider or Best Life Insurance Provider. On each occasion, we were shortlisted for our product features and price, before being judged by a panel of readers on the quality of service provided. There was no award in 2020.
Post Office Life Insurance is underwritten and administered by Scottish Friendly Assurance Society Limited. Neilson Financial Services Limited assist in the administration. If you buy Post Office Life Insurance over the telephone, it is arranged and sold by Post Office Limited and Post Office Management Services Limited. If you buy Post Office Life Insurance online, it is arranged and sold by Neilson Financial Services Limited, following an introduction by Post Office Limited.
Post Office Limited is an appointed representative of Post Office Management Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 630318. Registered in England and Wales. Registered numbers 2154540 and 08459718 respectively. Registered office: Finsbury Dials, 20 Finsbury Street, London, EC2Y 9AQ