Things you need to know
- + £1.15 a week equals £5 monthly, for a 50 year old non-smoker, £1000 minimum cover
- Depending on how long you live, you could pay more in monthly payments than the cash sum we pay out when you die. The cash sum you choose is fixed and inflation (the rising cost of goods and services) will reduce its value over time.
- **We only pay out on death. There is no cash-in value at any time. In the event of death by accident, we will pay 2 times the full cash sum. In the event of death by natural causes, where death occurs in the first 12 months from the policy start date, we will pay 1.5 times the total premiums paid towards the cover. In the event of death by natural causes, where death occurs after the first 12 months from the policy start date, we will pay the full cash sum, please refer to Post Office Over 50s Life Cover Terms and Conditions for further information
- We will stop collecting payments on the policy anniversary date on or after you reach age 95 or when you die, whichever is sooner. If you stop making your payments your cover will end and you’ll get nothing back. We can tell you about our cover but cannot advise if it is right for you. If you are not sure if it is right for you, please ask your financial advisor, or visit unbiased.co.uk to find one who could help.
- Click here if you would like to read the Post Office Over 50s Life Cover Terms and Conditions. If you apply for cover, you will also receive them with your policy documents.
- The Funeral Benefit Option is not regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority or Financial Conduct Authority.
- *** Depending on the type of funeral plan chosen with Co-op Funeralcare, applicable discounts available are: £250 for Tailored funerals, £100 for Essential funerals and £50 for Direct to Cremation funerals.
- ^ These services are not part of the product contract and can be withdrawn at any time without notice. Post Office Here to Help (provided by RedArc Limited) and Post Office Health and Wellbeing Services (provided by MediPartner Limited) are independent health and advisory services and are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Post Office Over 50s Life Cover is underwritten and administered by AIG Life Limited. Neilson Financial Services Limited assist in the administration If you buy Post Office Over 50s Life Cover in a Post Office branch or over the telephone, it is arranged and sold by Post Office Limited and Post Office Management Services Limited. If you buy Post Office Over 50s Life Cover online, it is arranged and sold by Neilson Financial Services Limited, following an introduction by Post Office Limited.
Post Office Limited is an appointed representative of Post Office Management Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 630318. Registered in England and Wales. Registered numbers 2154540 and 08459718 respectively. Registered office: Finsbury Dials, 20 Finsbury Street, London EC2Y 9AQ.