The Post Office Money Pre-Paid Funeral Plan is really straightforward to take out. You don't need to have a medical or answer any health questions. In fact, if you're aged 50 or over you are guaranteed to be accepted. There are no upper age limits, so you can be sure you will be able to take out the plan.
The steps below show you how it works. When the time comes, your family will only have to make one phone call. We will then arrange to put your plan in motion.
- Choose a funeral plan to suit you. There are a choice of three plans to suit different budgets and requirements, all of which guarantee to cover the funeral directors costs, crematorium fee and minister's fee as outlined in the plan. For burial funerals, the funeral director costs in the plan are guaranteed plus a contribution of £1,220 towards costs such as burial plot.
- Fix funeral costs at today's prices. You may pay in advance at today's prices, and no matter how far in the future the plan is needed there won't be any further costs for the services included in the plan.
- Payments you make go directly into the National Funeral Trust fund where the money required for the funeral is held securely and looked after until it is required. This is independent of Post Office Money and Dignity.
- Your plan is confirmed. You will receive a Welcome Pack to keep all the details in a safe place and share them with your family.
- Set out your personal wishes. Dignity keeps details of all your special wishes, for instance, how you would like your funeral to run or specific hymns you have in mind. You can specify, add or change your specific requirements at any point. Some special requests that are not included in the plan may incur an additional cost, such as flowers or memorials. This list is not exhaustive, please see the plan Key Features Summary & Terms & Conditions for further information.
- Caring support whenever it's needed. Your family will have access to a professional, caring funeral director who will guide and support your loved ones through all the arrangements.
- No more to pay. Once paid, your family won't have to pay any more for the guaranteed services as set out in the plan.