Which travel documents you need for your holiday

Don't get into a last-minute panic over documents. Use our tips to ensure you leave home with everything you need.

What are biometric passports?

What are biometric passports?

Find out everything you need to know about ePassports with our quick and simple guide.

Rules for passport photos

Knowing the right size, format and requirements for UK passport photos will help your passport application to be processed without delay.

How to replace a lost or stolen passport

Replace lost passport

If you lose your passport in the UK or while you're abroad don't panic. Follow our guide to reporting and replacing a lost or stolen passport

EHIC card


It is free to apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). A EHIC entitles you to free and discounted state medical care in the European Union and Switzerland.

An ESTA allows you to visit the US for less than 90 days without needing a visa.


If you're planning a short trip to the USA then you will need an ESTA (US visa waiver) giving you permission to visit without a visa. Apply for an ESTA today.