Get your identity document copies certified at the Post Office
If you have been asked to supply certified copies of your original documents, selected Post Office branches can certify that the copies presented/produced are a true likeness of the original document/s.
If you’re providing photocopies to the recipient company, you’ll need to ensure that these are like-for-like with the originals. We’ll check up to three original documents, per transaction fee, against the photocopies and certify that each copy is a true likeness of the original.
Which documents can I get checked?
- Driving licence
- Recent utility bills
- Bank statements
How it works
Get your photocopies certified in these easy steps:
- Decide which documents need certifying and obtain clear and legible photocopies of these documents.
- Once you’re ready, download and complete the Post Office Identity Services Document Service.
- Bring along the completed form, the £12.75 fee, payable by cash or credit/debit card, your original documents and the photocopies in to the Post Office.
- We’ll perform a check, and certify that each photocopy is a true likeness of the original.
- That’s it – we’ll give you back all your documents and your form, plus a receipt.
Before you pop in
Double-check this service will be acceptable to the company, organisation or person you’re presenting the documents to.
Use our branch finder to find your nearest branch that offers the Document certification service