Fishing licence rod

Rod Fishing Licence

The Post Office no longer sells Rod Fishing licences online on behalf of the Environment Agency. Find out how you can purchase your licence.

Where can I buy my rod fishing licence from?

You can purchase your licence in three ways:

Join nearly 1 million anglers

Every year nearly 1 million anglers buy their fishing licence. Your licence money helps to protect and improve fisheries, which helps to improve the places you love to fish.

Who needs a licence?

You need a valid Rod Fishing Licence to fish for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eel in England (except the River Tweed), Wales, and the Border Esk (and its tributaries in Scotland). Children under 13 do not need a licence.

Find out more


Still need help?

If you are struggling to find the answer you need please call

  • Environment Agency national customer contact centre (general enquiries) on 03708 506 506
  • Environment Agency fishing licence service on 0344 800 5386


find out more

Contact Information

Environment Agency Rod Fishing Licence Service

0344 800 5386