Send up to £250 safely and securely without needing a bank account
- Send money from as little as 50p
- Pay your bills or shop by mail order
- No need to share your financial details
How it works
- Postal Orders work in a similar way to cheques, but you don’t need a bank account.
- They’re great for auction sites like eBay, and let you pay without handing over your financial details.
- Once you’ve bought your item, just buy a Postal Order for the same value and send it through the post.
- They look like cheques. You can even have the payee’s name printed on the order, and they can be crossed so that the payee can only pay into their bank account.
|Purchase value per order||Fee payable|
|£0.50 - £4.99||50p|
|£5 - £9.99||£1.00|
|£10.00 - £99.99||12.50% of the face value|
|£100 - to maximum value of £250||Capped at £12.50|
Is a Postal Order right for you?
|Right for you if:||
|Try something else if:||
X You’re happy to pay by cheque or other means that require a bank account
You need to pay in a country that doesn’t accept Postal Orders (see below)Not the right service for you? Find other services