What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files transferred and stored to your computer or device when you visit or interact with a website, only that website will be able to see what’s on that cookie. Cookies contain information unique to your web browser which allow the website to remember your choices and preferences during your visit, but they do not include personal information that can identify you.
Cookies are very important to websites, they help the website you are visiting to recognise your device and remember little bits of information about your visit like your preferences, settings and how you use the website. This information is then used to personalise and improve the way you interact with the site. This includes how it displays content to you, enabling you to use and select online services and tools, and providing you with content that is relevant to you based on your previous visits and browsing habits.
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are important to the underlying operation of the website, supporting important functionality such as shopping baskets and the technical operation of the website to ensure it performs how you would expect.
- Site experience cookies: These cookies are used to support your experience on the site and include user-selected options, site navigation aids, etc. Generally, no personally identifiable data is collected with these types of cookies.
- Performance and operation cookies: These cookies are used in the management of the site and include customer surveys,recording visitor numbers and other web analytics. Limited identifiable data may be collected.
- Anonymous cross site tracking: These cookies are used to track our visitors across our websites. They can be used to build up a profile of search and/or browsing history for every visitor. Identifiable or unique data may be collected. Anonymized data may be shared with third parties. *
- Targeted advertising cookies: These cookies are used to track browsing habits and activity. We use this information to enable us to show you relevant or personalised marketing content. Using these types of cookies, we may collect personally identifiable information and use this to display targeted advertising and/or share this data with third parties for the same purpose. Any activity tracked and recorded using these cookies maybe sold to third parties.*
*We will ask for your consent before we use such cookies.
How do I manage my cookies?
You can control and remove cookies via settings in your web browsers.† However restricting cookies may affect your use of our website and prevent some services and and selection tools from working.
† These links are to third party sites, over which we have no control – no liability can be claimed if they are inaccurate
There are a lot of sites which talk about cookies, what they do and how to remove or restrict them in more detail, we've listed a few useful sites you may find helpful: