Take control of your household budget by putting a little money aside regularly to cover your household bills and spread the cost of Christmas and other gifting occasions.
- Save what you can: put between a minimum £2 and maximum £250 in multiples of £1 up to the annual limit on your Budget Card Plus
- Save up to a maximum of £1,500 every year: and, from 24 hours after putting money on the card, you can use it to pay for bills including Post Office servicesYou can use the Budget Card for: car tax, and other vehicle tax, gas, electricity and telephone bills, council tax and council rent payments, catalogue payments, TV rental, Post Office Home phone & Broadband, Post Office Travel insurance, Post Office Credit cards and One4all™ gift cards. You won’t be able to use it for Travel money, Travellers cheques, Postal orders or MoneyGram®. like your car tax, travel insurance or One4all Gift Cards
- Shop in 17,000 outlets nationwide between November and January. For a full list of participating retailers, please click here
Budget card is issued by Bank of Ireland
Helping you to budget better
With the Budget Card Plus you can’t go overdrawn, you won’t incur any fees or Budget Card Plus charges when you use it and because you’ve put your money aside, you won’t be tempted to spend it. You can check the balance of your card whenever you want, just call 0845Calls to 0845 numbers may be charged at up to 5p per minute from a fixed line and calls from mobiles can be considerably higher. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes. 0822 480 to hear your balance over the phone or view it online.
How it works
To be eligible for a Budget Card Plus you’ll need to be over 18 and live in England, Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland.
- Apply Simply download and print out an application form, fill it in and take it into any Post Office branch (along with two forms of ID from the list on the form).
- Save We’ll give you your Budget Card Plus straight away, so you can use it to start saving.
- Pay When you’re ready to pay for a bill or a service, bring your card into your local branch. We’ll swipe it, take the money off it and ask you to sign the receipt as an extra security measure. And when you want to spend your Budget Card Plus card in one of our retail partners between November and January simply hand it in when shopping. Ensure you know your account balance before going shopping. You can now convert your Budget Card Plus into an Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate claim code. To shop online at www.amazon.co.uk however you must use your card to buy an Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate claim code here.
Your money is protected by the Irish Deposit Protection Scheme. Find out how your savings are protected
The card is safe
If you lose your card or it’s stolen just let us know and we’ll stop the card. You won’t lose any of your money but you will have to pay £5 for a replacement card. We recommend you keep your card and the details of it safe, including the card number.
0800 numbers: Calls to 0800 numbers are normally free from a UK landline, but charges may apply from mobile phones. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.
0845 numbers: Call costs may vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.
Post Office Services: You can use the Budget Card Plus for: car tax, and other vehicle tax, gas, electricity and telephone bills, council tax and council rent payments, catalogue payments, TV rental, Post Office Home phone & Broadband, Post Office Travel insurance, Post Office Credit cards and One4al Gift Cards. You won’t be able to use it for Travel money, Travellers cheques, Postal orders or MoneyGram®.