The two lists below are the documentation you can provide.
We have to see a different document from each list. The two documents must be from different organisations.
How to submit your documents to us:
Either take your identity documents into a Post Office branch for certification, free of charge, or send your documents by post. However, we strongly recommend that you avoid sending your original documents by post for security reasons (see below).
Hand your completed form, along with your original documents to a member of staff at any Post Office branch. They will record the details of your documents and return them to you, free of charge.
Send certified copies of the documents you have selected. If you choose this option you must make sure that the copies have been “Certified Original Sighted” with the certification signed and dated and stamped by a Solicitor, Accountant, Bank Official, or at a Post Office offering the passport checking service.
You can locate Post Office branches offering the passport checking service by
- calling our customer service centre on 0800 169 7500 or
- looking online at www.postoffice.co.uk/money – simply click on the branch locator link and select 'passport checking service' from the list
Send us the original documents you have selected. We recommend that passports and driving licences are always sent by registered post.
- current valid UK/EU signed passport (not more than 10 years old)
- current full UK/EU photo card driving licence (not more than 10 years old)
- current full UK driving licence (old style) (not more than 51 years old)
- correspondence from DWP / benefits agency eg pension / allowance benefit – dated within the last 13 months and showing your full name
- EU National Identity Card (photographic)
- tax Coding notice/assessment – dated within the last 13 months
- Utility bill – e.g. gas, electricity, water telephone (not mobile) – dated within the last 6 months
- Bank / building society / mortgage / credit union / credit card statement – dated within the last 6 months
- Current full UK / EU photo card driving licence (not more than 10 years old)
- Current full old-style UK driving licence (paper version, not more than 51 years old)Local Authority Correspondence (e.g. rates / council tax) – valid for this year
- Correspondence from the DWP / benefits agency – dated within the last 13 months
- HM Revenue & Customs / Revenue Commissioners correspondence – e.g. tax coding notice (P60s and P45s are not acceptable) – dated within the last 13 months
Please note if we do not receive suitable documentation within 28 days of your application it will be cancelled and you will need to start the application process again.