We’ll save you time and effort – we'll pass your quote details to our panel of leading UK insurance providers, to get you our most competitive insurance quote.This figure is based on online independent research conducted by Consumer Intelligence during 01 August 2012 to 31 August 2012. Research found that 10% of consumers could achieve this saving with Post Office Van insurance. Data was obtained from 500 risk profiles for 21 companies (7,538 price quotations in total). Post Office quoted for 392 out of 500 profiles sampled (78.4%).
- 24 hour claims helpline: so you can get help when you need it any time of night or day
- Optional extras: like RAC Breakdown cover, Motor Legal Protection or Keycare if you want them
Post Office® Van Insurance is arranged and administered by BISL Limited
How it works
There are three levels of cover to choose from and anyone who has a van for private or business use and is looking for cover for Great Britain and Northern Ireland can apply.
Get a quote and buy online or over the phone paying with any major debit or credit card to get instant cover. You can also choose to pay monthly.
Add RAC Breakdown cover to your policy and get assistance on the roadside or at home plus a recovery service if your vehicle can’t be repaired by the road, onward travel assistance and a 24/7 helpline.
Add Motor Legal Protection to help recover legal expenses up to £100,000 and uninsured losses. Claim compensation if you’re injured or killed or can’t use your vehicle. You also could claim for your policy excess and repair costs if you’re not at fault for an accident.
Breakdown Cover and Motor Legal Protection are just some of the optional extras available for you at an additional cost.
We’ll cover any goods vehicle up to the gross weight of 3.5 tonnes (3500Kg) that’s designed to carry goods, tools or supplies. We can't offer cover for vans that carry passengers such as buses or mini buses, or vehicles used as plant or machinery.
For more information read our FAQs
Need to make a claim?
- Check your policy document to make sure you’ve followed the guidelines on what to do if you’re in an accident
- Call the claims helpline which is open 24 hours a day on 0845Calls to 0845 numbers may be charged at up to 5p per minute from a fixed line and calls from mobiles can be considerably higher. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes. 073 1005
- Make sure you’ve got your policy number, Police Crime Number (if you have one) and details of the accident and any third parties or witnesses that were involved to hand
0800: Calls to 0800 numbers are normally free from UK landlines but charges may apply from mobile phones. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes.
0845: Call costs may vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes.