A simple, straightforward account that protects you from unexpected bank charges and from accidentally going overdrawn for just £5 per month.
Want to open an account?
To find your nearest branch where you can open a Post Office Current Account, click here.
- Access your cash: your cash card lets you withdraw money at any cash machine with the LINK logo and at all Post Office counters
- Control your money: open with just £20 then set up Direct Debits, standing orders and have your salary or benefits paid into your account
- Manage your account: access your account online, in branch or via the phone
- Switching is easy & is backed by the Current Account Switch Guarantee
Control Account is provided by Bank of Ireland UK
Is this account right for you?
|Right for you if||
|Try another account if||
If this isn’t the right current account for you, why not take a look at our Standard current account.
Did you know?
Our Control Account could save you money. By switching your utility payments to Direct Debit you could, on average, cut your annual costs by between £125 and £215. And while customers who are new to banking typically incur on average £140 per year in default bank charges, we believe our monthly fee of just £5 per month could be a much better deal for you.
Source: Financial Inclusion Taskforce December 2010
Can I switch from my Post Office Card Account?
Yes! Subject to status and eligibility criteria, if you have a Post Office Card Account you can decide to have your benefits, state pension or tax credits paid into our current account instead. Depending on your needs and credit check we can offer you one of three accounts.
Switching from a Post Office Card Account is easy
- Apply for our current account. We will provide you with your new sort code and account number when your account is up and running.
- Once your new current account is open contact the Government department that makes your benefit payments and advise them of your new sort code and account number. Any future payments will then be paid into your new account.
- Any residual balance from your Post Office Card Account can be withdrawn in cash or paid directly into your new Post Office current account.
0845: Local call rates apply. Call costs may vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes.
Current Account Switch Guarantee: Industry backed initiative designed to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and hassle-free way in only 7 working days. For more information go to www.simplerworld.co.uk