Two ways to pack your US Dollars
||Travel Money Card Plus
- Simple way to take foreign currency with you
- We’ll buy back any cash you don’t spend
- Buy £400 - £2500 online
Pre-load the card with your holiday money
Re-load the card again - whenever you go away
Accepted worldwide - wherever Mastercard® is accepted
Secure - can be cancelled if lost or stolen
Top up anytime with our mobile app
Tips for getting more dollars for your pound
If you’re travelling to America, pre-order your dollars before you get to the airport to save money by getting a better dollar exchange rate with less commission.
- Dollar bills come in 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100-dollar denominations. There is also a 2-dollar bill but it is fairly rare.
- You'll usually only see 1, 5, 10 and 25-cent US coins, but there are also 50-cent and 1-dollar coins.
- When you order your currency ask for lower-denomination dollar bills that are more widely accepted in taxis and smaller shops. $50 or $100 bills won't always be accepted, so when you exchange pounds to US dollars ask for smaller bills, like $20s and $10s. Tipping is widespread, so make sure you take plenty of $1 bills for taxis, hotels and bars.
Get your US Dollars from us
We make it easy to get US Dollars for your holiday:
- Order US Dollars online up to five working days in advance
- Pick up your US Dollars at a Post Office branch or have them delivered to your home – minimum order value of £400 applies online.
- Online orders placed before 3pm, on a working day, can generally be delivered to your home the next working day. Where an order is placed on a Friday and delivery to your home is required on a Saturday, there will be a charge of £1.50.
- Home delivery applies to online orders only.
- Pick up your US Dollars 'on demand' at over 10,000 Post Office branches
- Show us your Post Office Money receipt and we’ll buy back all your leftover euro banknotes, commission-free.
The smart way to travel
Keep track of your holiday spending and instantly convert local prices into pounds with our free smartphone apps. There are three handy apps to download for iOS and Android, including Travel Essentials, Travel Money Card Plus & Currency Converter. You can also download an instant currency converter for your Apple Watch.
Don’t forget your toothbrush
There’s always so much to do before you head off. You’ve just ticked Travel Money, but what have you forgotten? Here’s a pre-travel checklist to help jog your memory.