If you have a reference number from your online Security Industry Authority licence application, you can complete your application at the Post Office. How can I get an SIA licence?
The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is the organisation responsible for licensing individuals who work in certain parts of the UK’s private security industry.
To apply for an SIA licence you need to complete an online application on the SIA website
Once you’ve completed the online application, you can pop in to the Post Office to finish your application.
Just bring your reference number into a participating branch. You’ll need to bring any documents the SIA has asked for (these need to be originals, not photocopies), and a way to pay the SIA licence fee for the application. We’ll also take your photograph and record your signature.
We make it easy
- It’s convenient – we have over 750 branches offering this service across the UK, so you should be able to find one near you. Most applicants don't need to part with their valuable ID documents such as passport and driving licences.
- You can post your documents – while you’re at the Post Office you can also post any documents the SIA has asked for. Just remember to bring the cost of postage, an addressed envelope, fee and covering note with your licence application reference number, full name and address.
- Simple – our specially trained staff will guide you through the process.
- Quick – it only takes a few minutes to sort out. Try to pop in Tuesday to Friday when we’re quieter.
Step by step
- Bring your licence application reference number from your online SIA licence application and any supporting documents (make sure they’re originals, not photocopies) to a participating branch. You’ll also need to bring cash or a debit/credit card to pay the fee.
- We’ll take your photograph and record your digital signature and send it securely to the SIA.
- If the SIA has requested any supporting documents from you, we’ll post them for you (for an extra fee).