Have your licence application reference number from your online Security Industry Authority licence application? Bring it into a participating branch and get your original documents checked, have your photograph and signature captured and pay the SIA licence fee to complete your application.
The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is the organisation responsible for the licensing of individuals working in specific sectors of the private security industry in the UK.
To apply for an SIA licence you first need to register your details and complete an online application on the SIA website.
Once you have completed the online application, bring in your licence application number and we will check your documents (these must be the original documents, not photocopies), take payment and capture your photograph and signature.
- Convenient: we have over 750 branches offering this service across the UK, so you should be able to find one near you. The vast majority of applicants don't need to part with their valuable ID documents such as passport and driving licences. While you’re at the Post Office you can also post any documents the SIA has requested. Just remember to bring with you the cost of postage, an addressed envelope, fee and covering note with your licence application reference number, full name and address
- Simple: our specially trained staff will guide you through the process
- Quick: it takes just minutes. Try to pop in Tuesday to Friday when we’re quieter
Step by step
- Find a participating branch, and bring your licence application reference number from your online SIA licence application and any supporting documentation the SIA has asked you to provide. Please ensure any documentation you provide are originals, not photocopies. You’ll also need to bring cash, debit card or credit card to pay the specified fee and any supporting documentation.
- We’ll capture your photograph and digital signature which will be securely sent to the SIA.
- If the SIA has requested any supporting documentation from you, for an additional fee, we'll post it for you.