We're changing some of our prices from
14th April 2014
- HomePhone Line Rental will rise from £12 to £13 a month. This change won't apply if you have Line Rental Saver which will stay at the equivalent of £10 a month when you pay a year in advance, please call us if you would like to add this to your account.
- Call connection charge will increase from 12p to 15p per call.
- All calls to UK mobiles will now be charged at one price regardless of time of day: 10p a minute (mobile calls included in your package are not affected).
- Daytime calls to national and local numbers will increase to 8.5p a minute.
- To help simplify charges calls to numbers beginning with 0844Call costs may vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes. or 0843 will now all cost 7p a minute regardless of time of day and calls to numbers beginning with 0871Calls cost up to 10p a minute from a BT landline, calls from mobiles and other numbers may vary. and 0872 will all cost 15p a minute regardless of time of day.
- Line Rental Saver will stay at the equivalent of £10 a month when you pay a year in advance, a saving of £36 a year compared to the standard line rental. If you would like to add Line Rental Saver to your account please call us.
- The price of our call options will not be changing and remain as follows:
Weekend Calls - £0 a month
Evening & Weekend CallsInclusive Evening & Weekend calls are to UK landlines with area codes beginning 01, 02 or 03 and calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers. Also includes weekend calls to landlines in our top 40 countries and UK mobile networks. Anytime Calls:Inclusive Anytime calls are any time of day, evening and weekend to UK landlines with area codes beginning 01, 02 or 03 and calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers. Inclusive calls last for 60 minutes. Also includes weekend calls to landlines in our top 40 countries and UK mobile networks. There is no minimum term for Evening & Weekend or Anytime options and customers can remove it at any time giving 24 hours notice to our Customer Care Line. Customers can add and remove the Evening & Weekend or Anytime Options once per quarter - £1.25 a month
Anytime CallsInclusive weekend calls are to UK landlines with area codes beginning 01, 02 or 03 and calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers. Inclusive calls last for 60 minutes. Customers should hang up before 60 minutes and redial to avoid incurring charges. A call connection charge will be applied to all chargeable calls excluding those with a fixed fee element or those that are inclusive or free. Evening rates apply from 6pm to 6 am the following morning on weekdays. Weekend rates run from 6pm on Friday to 6am on Monday. For full details of our call charges visit postoffice.co.uk/telecoms - £5.75 a month
Mobile 100 - £2.50 a month
Mobile 500 - £7.50 a month
International Saver - £4 a month
- The price of our call features will not be changing and remain as follows:
Caller Display – no extra charge (opt in required)
1571 VoicemailA free service that makes sure you don't miss any important calls. Callers can simply leave a message for you to pick up at a time that's convenient to you. – no extra charge (opt in required)
- Broadband Essential will be reduced to £7 a month (was £8.15) plus £13 line rental.
- Broadband Premium will be reduced to £10 a month (was £12.80) plus £13 line rental.
Frequently asked questions
How are you telling people about the price changes?
If you are already a Post Office HomePhone or Broadband customer, you will be notified of these changes by letter well in advance of the changes coming into effect. Letters will be sent in February and March.
Why have you changed some of your prices?
We’ve always done everything possible to give you great value for money and to help keep your bills down.
To date, we’ve held off changing our prices for as long as possible, even when our competitors raised theirs. However, we’ve had to make a few changes to the price of some of our products and services in order to continue offering all the great benefits that are included within our packages.
Although some prices have increased, we have also made price reductions on a number of products as well as introducing new call options that can help save you money.
Why should I continue to stay with Post Office?
Although we have had to make some changes to our prices we remain committed to ensuring you continue to receive great value for money.
- At £13 a month, our basic HomePhone package is still significantly cheaper than BTPost Office HomePhone at £12 a month is £3 a month cheaper than BT line rental with weekend calls (£15.99 a month), TalkTalk (£15.40 a month), Sky (£15.40 a month), Virgin (£15.99 a month) and Plusnet (£14.50 a month)
- We have reduced the price of our broadband packages, if you are a HomePhone customer you can now add a broadband package to your account from a little as £7 a month extra (includes free connection and wireless router)
- Customers taking our Evening & Weekend or Anytime options also enjoy free weekend calls to UK mobiles and landlines in our top 40 countries for no extra charge
- Post Office HomePhone customersThere’s no charge for calls you make from your HomePhone line to another Post Office HomePhone line as long as each call does not exceed 60 minutes - just hang up before your hour’s over and redial. can Nominate 10 numbers they call most often and receive a 10% discount off all calls to those numbers. They can be any UK or International landlines and mobiles, 0845Calls to 0845 numbers may be charged at up to 5p per minute from a fixed line and calls from mobiles can be considerably higher. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes. or 0870National call rates apply. Call rates may vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes. numbers. Plus, they can be changed at any time.
How will these price changes appear on my bill?
What numbers are included under UK mobile calls?
How do I make changes to my account?
- Visit www.pobroadband.co.uk (you can still use the old Mypostoffice.co.uk address but this will simply re-direct to pobroadband.co.uk)
- Log in using your email address and password (If you are a new customer then your email address and password were given to you when you first placed your order for Post Office Broadband, so please look in your email Inbox for the first few emails from the Post Office)
- Once you’re logged in - Click on 'Change Features'
- The 'Current features' screen is displayed - Select what options or features you require and click on Next
- The 'Confirm your order' screen is displayed - Check that you have requested the correct services then click on the 'I have read and I understand the website terms and conditions' box and Click on 'Place order'
- Done. You're changes will be process
If you're unable to use Online Account please call our Customer Care Line on 0845Calls to 0845 numbers may be charged at up to 5p per minute from a fixed line and calls from mobiles can be considerably higher. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes. 600 3210