For just £8.75 you can get your passport application right first time using Check & Send, a service that's recommended by the Identity and Passport Service.
- Peace of mind: from the form to the photos we’ll make sure everything meets the approved standard
- Secure: we’ll send your application by Special Delivery™
- Save time: Up to one third of applications sent to the Identity and Passport Service directly are delayed due to basic errors. Avoid these delays by using Check & Send
Pick up a Passport Application form at your local Post Office® branch, fill it in and take it – documentation and photos - back to your Post Office.
Our counter staff will check that you’ve filled in all the right boxes, signed where necessary, have the right documentation and that your photos are suitable. They’ll then send it off for you using Special Delivery.
Getting your timings right
Did you know? You can carry forward up to 9 months from your existing passport, so you can apply early without losing out.
You’ll need to allow a minimum of three weeks for your passport application to be processed and applications can take longer between April and September, so make sure you leave enough time.
Bear in mind that Check & Send is not a guaranteed service, so you should not book your travel until you've received your new passport. If you do, it's at your own risk.
If you’re applying for your first adult passport, you need to leave a minimum of six weeks, as you may be asked to attend an interview.
If you need a passport urgently or to find out more about applying for one, visit the gov.uk website.
Completing your form
- Always use a black ballpoint pen and capital letters
- Black out mistakes with a pen – don’t cross them out or use correction fluid
- Write within the white boxes and keep all signatures within the border
- Always bring in original documents and not photocopies
- Make sure you have two colour photographs and that they meet all the requirements shown in the guide that comes with your application form