Enjoy peace of mind with Post Office Money® Over 50s Home Insurance's star Defaqto
rated cover, with features that matter to you – like Unlimited Alternative Accommodation and the option to add cover for legal costs, unexpected accidents & more.
Defaqto is a provider of independent financial product and fund information and ratings.
We'll beat your renewal quote by at least £50 * - here's how
If you choose a Post Office Money policy that's the same as the renewal invitation from your existing insurer, we guarantee to be £50 cheaper.
We'll provide you with our price and, if it doesn't beat your existing renewal premium by at least £50, we'll refund the difference between the two policies - plus the £50.
Here's how it works:
|Your current renewal premium
||Post Office Money quoted renewal premium
If we beat your existing insurer's renewal price on a "like for like" basis, you’ll receive the difference in price only. Read the terms & conditions for full details.
Extra cover providing peace of mind during special life moments
Our extra 10% contents cover provides even greater protection when you have high value items at home during special events. From weddings, civil partnerships, Christmas and other religious festivals, to the birth of a child or landmark wedding anniversary, we'll provide peace of mind that your prized possessions are protected. The extra cover is available one month before and one month after your special event.
Other Overs 50s Home Insurance benefits include:
- Unlimited Alternative Accommodation for you and your family, if your home’s not safe to live in
- Up to £1,000 accidental damage cover to audio and video equipment (excludes portable devices)
- New for old – if you make a claim, we’ll replace items as new
- Up to £1,500 cover for garden plants (maximum of £250 per claim)
- Up to £2,000 per claim on content in the open, such as stolen or damaged patio furniture and barbeques (maximum of £250 per item or £350 on cycles)
Conditions and exclusions apply. For full details of what’s included with your cover, check the policy documents.
Fast, friendly and expert service 24/7
Talk to our UK-based contact centre team at any time of the day or night. You'll enjoy fast, friendly and expert service when you call our 24-hour claims line.
Add cover for legal costs, unexpected accidents and more
Our flexible policy gives you the option to add extra cover at an additional cost.
Full Accidental Damage can be added to your policy to protect your home contents against unexpected accidents.
Home Assistance gives you peace of mind that you'll receive prompt assistance in the event of a domestic emergency. It provides cover for events such as plumbing and drainage emergencies or if you have no hot water or electricity.
Home Assistance provides cover for:
- Total failure or breakdown of your main hot water or central heating system, as long as it's been serviced no more than 12 months before the emergency, and is no more than 15 years old
- Plumbing and drainage emergencies
- Gas and electricity supply failures
- Up to two hours of labour and/or parts and material costs up to £100 (maximum £1,000 a year) inclusive of VAT – with all work carried out by approved tradesmen guaranteed for 12 months
- Vermin infestation in your home
- Up to £250 overnight accommodation costs if you have to leave your home due to an emergency
Home Assistance is administered by ARAG plc and underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited
Family Legal Protection is available and provides cover up to £50,000 including:
- Disputes over the buying and selling of goods and services (at least £125 must be in dispute)
- Residential disputes with your neighbours (claims can only be made after 180 days)
- Making a claim for personal injury
- Unfair treatment or dismissal by an employer
- 24/7 advice helpline
Family Legal Protection is administered by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply to the policy and all extra cover options. See policy documents for further details.