Have peace of mind with our 5 star Defaqto rated cover, with features that matter to you like Unlimited Alternative Accommodation
- Defaqto 5 star rated cover
- Unlimited Alternative Accommodation for you and your family, if your home is not safe to live in
- Up to £1,000 accidental damage cover – to audio and video equipment (excludes portable devices)
- 10% extra contents cover for weddings, civil partnerships, Christmas and/or other religious festival, birth of a child or landmark wedding anniversary
- New for Old – if you make a claim, we’ll replace items as new
- Up to £1,500 cover for garden plants including a maximum of £250 per claim
- Up to £2,000 per claim on content in the open including a maximum of £250 per item e.g. patio furniture and BBQ's that are stolen or damaged (£350 limit applies to cycles)
Conditions and exclusions apply. For full details of what’s included with your cover, check the policy documents.
Let us beat your renewal quote by at least £50*
How it works
If the policy you buy from us is the same as your existing insurer's renewal invitation, we guarantee to beat your renewal price by £50. We will provide you with our price and if that doesn’t beat your existing renewal premium by at least £50 we will refund the difference between our policy and your renewal policy, plus the £50.
The table below gives some examples on how it works.
|Your current renewal premium
||Post Office quoted renewal premium
If we beat your existing insurer’s renewal price on a “like for like” basis, you’ll receive the difference in price only.
A bit more detail
Once you have purchased from us we will ask you to send us the relevant documentation from your existing provider (there will be a prepaid envelope for this in your policy pack) so we can check that your existing policy and your new policy with us are on a like for like basis.
“Like for like basis” means that as well as obvious things like the address being the same, the 4 things listed below must be the same in both policies. If these do not match we may not be able to make your Guarantee to Beat refund. You have 30 days to provide your proofs and it may take us up to 30 days more to make your refund. You can call us at any point on 0345 073 1002 to discuss this if you have any questions.
|Personal belongings cover
Please note that the price of optional add ons like Home Assistance and Family Legal Protection are not included in this offer.
When we have confirmed the policies are like for like, we’ll pay you back the difference plus £50.
Home Insurance Award
Your Money Best Direct Home & Contents Insurance Provider - 2015
Post Office has been voted the winner of the 'Best Home & Contents Insurance Provider' by Your Money. Post Office was judged by a panel of readers on the quality of service provided in conjunction with BISL Limited.
Add cover for legal costs, unexpected accidents and more
Our flexible policy gives you the option to add extra cover at an additional cost. Please see policy documents for further details.
Family Legal Protection is available and provides cover up to £50,000 including:
- Disputes over the buying and selling of goods and services
- Residential disputes with your neighbours
- Making a claim for personal injury
- Unfair treatment or dismissal by an employer
- 24/7 advice helpline
Family Legal Protection is administered by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited
Add full Accidental Damage to your policy and protect your home contents against unexpected accidents.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply to all extra cover options. Please see policy documents for further details.
Home Assistance gives you peace of mind that you will receive prompt assistance in the event of a domestic emergency. It provides cover for events such as plumbing and drainage emergencies or if you have no hot water or electricity.
Home Assistance is administered by ARAG plc and underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited
Home Assistance will cover:
- cover for total failure or breakdown of your main hot water or central heating system, as long as it has been serviced no more than 12 months before the emergency, and is under 15 years old
- plumbing and drainage emergencies
- cover for gas and electricity supply failures
- all work carried out by approved tradesmen is guaranteed for 12 months
- cover for certain pest infestation in your home
- up to £250 overnight accommodation costs if you have to leave your home due to an emergency
- Up to 2hrs labour and/or parts and material costs up to £100. Maximum per year is £1000
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. For full details of what's included with your cover, check the policy documents.