An easy to use and reliable economy service for safe delivery of your parcels.
- 1st Class aims to deliver the next working day, including Saturday
- 2nd Class aims to deliver your parcel in 2-3 working days including Saturdays
- Prices start at £3.20 with 1st Class or £2.80 with 2nd Class when sending a parcel
You can also:
- Send parcels weighing up to 20kg
- Receive compensation of up to £20
- Get a free certificate of postage – just ask at the counter
Size and weight limits
|Rolls or Cylinders||
For rolled and cylinder shaped parcels, the length of the item plus twice the diameter must not exceed 104cm, with the greatest dimension being no more than 90cmUp to and including 45cm in length, 16cm in diameter and 2kg in weight can be sent as a Small Parcel
Parcels bigger than 61cmx46cmx46cm or over 20kg can be sent using Parcelforce Worldwide.
Want added reassurance with confirmation of delivery?
Choose Royal Mail Signed For® 1st Class for confirmation of delivery including signature.
What if my item gets lost or damaged?
1st Class and 2nd Class have excellent quality of service, but for the rare occasions that something goes wrong, 1st Class and 2nd Class include compensation up to £20.
To make a claim, fill in a P58 form – you can pick this up from your local Post Office. Claims are normally processed within two to four weeks. If your claim relates to damage, you may be asked to provide evidence of posting and value. Learn more by visiting the Royal Mail Help and Support pages.