Why use our Credit Card abroad?
Security is the big advantage. Many people don’t like carrying too much cash with them for obvious reasons. Our Credit Cards are also accepted in 35 million locations worldwide, so you won’t need to fill your wallet with more cash than you need.
Keep track of your spending
Running out of money (or going over your credit limit) can be a nightmare, especially in a foreign country. To help you keep track of what you’re spending in British pounds, we have created a special Credit Card Mobile Servicing App. Please check for international data charges with your mobile phone provider before you travel.
Using your card abroad
As you prepare to set off on holiday, make sure you’re up to speed with these essential steps for using your card:
- Notify us of your travel plans via our Credit Card Mobile Servicing App.
- Know your PIN. With so many PINs and passwords to remember, it’s easy to get mixed up. Make sure you know your Credit Card PIN before you go away. If you’ve forgotten it, call our Customer Services team on 0345 607 6500 and we'll send you a reminder.
- Don't miss a payment while you're away. The easiest way to make sure you always pay your bill on time is by setting up a Direct Debit. Log in to your online account to set this up, or just give our Credit Card Customer Service Team a call.
- Find out about Dynamic Currency conversion. Sometimes, retailers and ATMs will give you the option to pay in either the local currency or pounds sterling. It should always be performed with your consent. Choosing to pay in pounds could mean you are charged additional fees.
- Find out what charges are applicable for using your credit or debit cards abroad. Some providers may charge you a non -sterling transaction fee, which is a fee charged to any purchase or cash advance that occurs in a currency other than sterling.
Your local travel experts
Post Office is here to make your travels easier. We look after all the essentials – like passports, insurance and money – so that you can concentrate on getting the most out of your time away. Our travel experts can help you with:
Passports – Whether you’re renewing or getting your first passport you can pick up a passport form from one of our branches. Top tip: use our Check & Send service to make sure you’ve filled in all the forms correctly first time.
Travel money – Order your travel money using your Post Office Money® Credit Card with no cash fees, either online or in our branches.
EHIC card – If you’re travelling in Europe, this free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) means that you receive state healthcare in EEA countries (and Switzerland) at a reduced cost (or sometimes free). You can apply for your card via the online EHIC application form.
No fee travel money
Want to buy something in another currency without being charged extra fees? Our Platinum Credit Card comes with no fees for purchases made in foreign currencies – whether you’re abroad or simply shopping online. 18.9% APR Representative (variable).