Get your holiday off to a flying start with Passport Check & Send from Post Office
For just £9.75, we’ll make sure your passport application is right first time - so you won’t have to risk making a mistake and filling the whole thing out again. We’re even recommended by Her Majesty's Passport Office.
Why use Check & Send?
- Peace of mind - from form to photos we make sure everything’s right first time.
- Secure - we send your application by Special Delivery.
Pick up a Passport Application form at a local participating Post Office branch, fill it in and take it - with your documents and photos - back to your Post Office.
Pop in before 5:30pm and our counter staff will make sure you’ve filled in all the right boxes, signed the right sections, have the right documentation and that your photos are suitable.
Then they’ll send it off for you using Special Delivery.
Getting your timings right
You can carry up to nine months forward from your existing passport - so don’t wait until it’s nearly expired before you renew.
It should take three weeks for your passport application to be processed. Make sure you leave enough time before your holiday. If you are getting your first UK passport, it could take up to six weeks, as you may need to attend an interview.
Remember - Check & Send is not a guaranteed service. You shouldn’t book your travel until you've received your new passport. If you do, it’s at your own risk.
If you’re getting your first UK adult passport it could take up to six weeks, as you may need to attend an interview.
If you need a passport urgently, or you need to find out more about applying for one, read the government's passport advice.
How to complete your form
- Always use a black ballpoint pen and capital letters.
- Black out mistakes with a pen - don’t cross them out or use correction fluid.
- Write within the white boxes and keep your signatures within the border.
- Bring in original documents and not photocopies.
- Make sure you have two colour photographs taken in the last month, and that they meet the requirements shown in the guide that comes with your application form.
- For peace of mind, you can choose to have your original documents returned by Secure Delivery instead of by second-class post. This costs £3 for each application and is in addition to the passport and Check & Send fee.
Passport Check & Send prices
The price depends on the type of passport you need and the speed of service you choose.
Check & Send handling charge adds just £9.75 to your passport fee. If you were born on or before 2 September 1929, you don’t have to pay that fee.
For peace of mind, you can choose to have your original documents returned by Secure Delivery instead of by second-class post. This costs £3 for each application and is in addition to the passport and Check & Send fee.
|Passport fee||Plus Check & Send|
|Adults (aged 16 and over)|
|Renew or amend an existing adult passport||£72.50||£82.25|
|First adult passport - if you have previously held a child passport issued in the UK||£72.50||£82.25|
|First adult passport - if you have never held a child passport issued in the UK||£72.50||£82.25|
|Replace a lost, stolen or damaged adult passport||£72.50||£82.25|
|Extend a restricted validity child passport issued on or after 1 May 2008||
|Jumbo (48-page) passport||£85.50||£95.25|
|Children (aged under 16)|
|First child passport (includes those who were previously on a parent's passport)||£46.00||£55.75|
|Renew or amend an existing child passport||£46.00||£55.75|
|Replace a lost, stolen or damaged child passport||£46.00||£55.75|
|Extend a restricted validity child passport issued on or after 1 May 2008||£46.00||£55.75|
|Plus Check & Send and Special Delivery™||£9.75|
|Adults born on or before 2 September 1929|
|Standard 32-page ten-year passport
(for a jumbo - 48 page -passport see prices above)