Control your cash with the card that anyone can own. You don’t need a credit check or even a bank account – and you can use your Money Card in millions of places where MasterCard® is accepted.
Load your Post Office Money Card with your cash and spend it where you like. It’s a prepaid MasterCard® card that you can use just like a debit card – on the high street, on the phone, or online.
Get your Money Card now
- everyone can have one: no credit checks, no need for a bank account – any UK resident over 18 can have one (with ID)
- safer than cash: your money’s protected if your card gets lost or stolen
- add money when you want: manage your account 24/7 online, via SMS or at any Post Office branch
- use it everywhere: spend your money in millions of shops and restaurants or withdraw cash from ATMs– just like your debit card
- free to load: at any Post Office and online
How it works
Simply load your card in any branch, online or via SMS and you’ll be able to use it to spend on the high street, online or withdraw cash from an ATM’ Choose from 2 tariffs:
||Pay as you Go
- One-off setup fee of £9.95.
- No monthly fees.
- Usage and transaction fees apply.
- No setup fee.
- Flat monthly fee: £4.95
- No transactional fees in UK (other fees apply).
Start using your Post Office Money Card in 3 simple steps
Once your Money Card is loaded up with cash, you can use it anywhere you’d use a MasterCard. It couldn’t be easier or safer – there are no credit checks so everyone can get one.
Get your Money Card up and running in 3 easy steps…
- Apply online or in a Post Office branch
To apply for a Money Card, you just need to be a UK resident who’s over 18. You’ll need to show a passport or UK driving licence for ID. Please be aware that only debit cards are accepted as payment online. Cash and debit cards are accepted in branch.
You can apply for your card online or in selected branches. Get your Money Card now
- Choose your tariff and load your card
You can load your card with between £20 and £500. Choose between 2 tariffs:
• Pay as you Go, for occasional use
• Pay Monthly, for frequent use
See full details of cards and tariffs here
- Activate your card
Once we’ve posted you your Money Card, follow the simple instructions in your welcome letter to activate your card. You can do this by sending us a text.
Top up your card or check your balance online, via SMS or phone
Manage your card 24/7 whenever and however suits you best – using our website, our SMS service or our automated phone line…
On our website…
You can top up your card, see your last 6 months’ transactions and check your balance 24/7. See also our FAQs and full terms & conditions.
You can activate your card or get a PIN reminder. To top up your card or check your balance, send a text and get your answer in seconds. (We’ll need a mobile number from you, of course.)
On the phone…
Get your PIN, hear recent transactions or check your balance using our automated phone line.
Got a question?
For all other queries read our FAQs, or contact our UK based contact centre is open 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.
Lost or stolen card?
You can report your card lost or stolen 24/7.
Subject to passing our verification checks you will be able to increase your maximum load for £750 to £20,000 per annum, this is limited to £5,000 at any time. Please see the terms and conditions for full details regarding limits on your account.