We'll beat your renewal price by at least £50 * terms and conditions apply
If you choose a Post Office Money Home Insurance policy that’s on a like-for-like basis with your existing insurer, we guarantee to be at least £50 cheaper.
How it works
If our price isn’t already £50 cheaper, here’s how we guarantee to beat your renewal:-
1. Purchase a policy from us that is on a like-for-like basis with your existing provider.
2. We'll ask you to send us your renewal quote showing your renewal premium.
3. Then we'll arrange your payment to ensure that you have saved ast least £50.
A bit more detail
Once you’ve purchased from us we will ask you to send us the relevant documentation, including your renewal premium from your existing provider. There is a prepaid envelope for this in your policy pack. This will help us check that your existing policy and your new policy with us are on a like-for-like basis.
Like-for-like basis means that as well as obvious things like the address being the same, the 4 things listed below must be the same in both policies. If these do not match we may not be able to fulfil your refund.
|Personal possessions cover
You have 30 days to provide your proofs. Refunds are normally processed after 60 days of the Post Office Money policy start date. Please note that the price of optional add-ons like Home Assistance and Family Legal Protection are not included in this offer.
*Full Terms and Conditions apply
Fast, friendly and expert 24/7 service
Talk to our UK-based contact centre team at any time of the day or night. We aim for you to be able to enjoy fast, friendly and expert service when you call our 24-hour claims line.*Full Terms and Conditions apply (see above tab).
Extra 10% contents cover – it's a gift
Our extra 10% contents cover provides even greater protection when you have high value items at home during special events. From wedding gifts to Christmas presents, we hope to provide peace of mind on the protection of your prized possessions.
In with the new
We'll replace your damaged or stolen items as part of our standard ‘new-for-old' contents insurance policy. It protects your contents against damage by fire, smoke, subsidence, storm, explosion, lightning, flood, malicious damage and theft (limitations apply to theft from outbuildings and garages). You're also covered for accidental damage to home entertainment appliances such as TVs, satellite equipment, aerials, digital receivers, radios and PCs, along with other audio and video equipment (excluding portable devices).
Add cover for legal costs, unexpected accidents and more
Our flexible policy gives you the option to add extra cover at an additional cost. You'll find more details in your policy documents.
Cover your personal possessions against loss or damage away from home. Certain items like jewellery, cameras, pedal cycles, mobile phones, camcorders, handbags and their contents must be named. These are covered as individual items with a limit of £1,500. We give you cover for up to £350 cash and up to £500 credit cards. Bicycles are also included in this section up to £350 for each bike. Cycles worth more than £350 should be listed individually in the Specified Bicycles section.
Full Accidental Damage can be added to your policy to protect your home contents against unexpected accidents.
Home Assistance hopes to give you peace of mind that you'll receive prompt assistance in the event of a domestic emergency. It provides cover for events such as plumbing and drainage emergencies or if you have no hot water or electricity.
Home Assistance provides cover for:
- Total failure or breakdown of your main hot water or central heating system, as long as it's been serviced no more than 12 months before the emergency, and is no more than 15 years old
- Plumbing and drainage emergencies
- Gas and electricity supply failures
- Up to two hours of labour and/or parts and material costs up to £100 (maximum £1,000 a year) – with all work carried out by approved tradesmen guaranteed for 12 months
- Certain pest infestation in your home
- Up to £250 overnight accommodation costs if you have to leave your home due to an emergency
Home Assistance is administered by ARAG plc and underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited
Family Legal Protection is available and provides cover up to £50,000 including:
- Disputes over the buying and selling of goods and services
- Residential disputes with your neighbours
- Making a claim for personal injury
- Unfair treatment or dismissal by an employer
- 24/7 advice helpline
Family Legal Protection is administered by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply to the policy and all extra cover options. See policy documents for further details.