Fast, friendly and expert 24/7 service
Talk to our UK-based contact centre team at any time of the day or night. We aim for you to be able to enjoy fast, friendly and expert service when you call our 24-hour claims line.
Extra 10%^ contents cover – it's a gift
Your contents sum insured is increased by 10% when you have high value items at home during special events. From weddings, civil partnerships, Christmas and other religious festivals, to the birth of a child or landmark wedding anniversary, we'll provide peace of mind that your prized possessions are protected. The extra cover is available one month before and one month after your special event.
In with the new
We’ll replace your damaged or stolen items as part of our standard new for old contents insurance policy. Your contents within the home are protected from many causes, including but not limited to: Fire, smoke, subsidence, malicious damage, theft, storm, lightning, flood, escape of water and other causes (Limitations apply to theft from outbuildings and garages). Your policy also includes standard accidental damage cover to satellite and other entertainment equipment, but excludes damage to laptops and any hand held devices. It doesn’t cover wear and tear, general maintenance costs or electrical or mechanical breakdown.
Add cover for legal costs, unexpected accidents and more
Our flexible policy gives you the option to add extra cover at an additional cost. You'll find more details in your policy documents.
Cover your personal possessions against loss or damage away from home. The single item limit is £1500, you must specify any items worth over £1500 if you want them to be covered, including but not limited to jewellery, mobile phones, handbags and its contents. Pedal cycles worth up to £350 are also covered under this section, but pedal cycles worth more than £350 should be specified. We also give you cover for up to £350 for money.
Extended Accidental damage can be added to your policy to protect your home contents against unexpected accidents.
Home Assistance hopes to give you peace of mind that you'll receive prompt assistance in the event of a domestic emergency. It provides cover for events such as plumbing and drainage emergencies or if you have no hot water or electricity.
Home Assistance provides cover for:
- Total failure or breakdown of your main hot water or central heating system, as long as it's been serviced no more than 12 months before the emergency, and is no more than 15 years old
- Plumbing and drainage emergencies
- Gas and electricity supply failures
- Up to two hours of labour and/or parts and material costs up to £100 (maximum £1,000 a year) – with all work carried out by approved tradesmen guaranteed for 12 months
- Certain pest infestation in your home
- Up to £250 overnight accommodation costs if you have to leave your home due to an emergency
Home Assistance is administered by ARAG plc and underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited
Family Legal Protection is available and provides cover up to £50,000 including:
- Disputes over the buying and selling of goods and services
- Residential disputes with your neighbours
- Making a claim for personal injury
- Unfair treatment or dismissal by an employer
- 24/7 advice helpline
Family Legal Protection is administered by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by RAC Insurance Ltd
Do remember that in addition to features and benefits, limits and exclusions also apply to the Home extra cover options so please check the policy documents for details.