Aged 18 to 60 and looking for a gap year, career break or to travel the world? We could have the cover you're looking for.
- Up to £2m medical cover when abroad: in case of accident or injury while you’re away
- 31 days to 18 months: make your trip as long as you like
- Come home: Make three home visitsBackpackers Travel Insurance enables you to return to your home on three occasions for a maximum of seven days on each occasion. There is no cover under any section of the policy from the time you leave the international departure point to the time you return back to your destination. for up to one week during your trip
Post Office ® Travel Insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) PLC and administered by Collinson Insurance Services Limited.
How it works
There are two levels of cover to choose from; Super Economy and Economy – just decide which one is right for you. To be eligible for this insurance you must reside in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man (and not spent more than 6 months abroad in the year prior to purchasing the policy), and you must be registered with a GP in the United Kingdom.
If you have a pre-existing medical condition or have had a serious illness then you’ll need to complete our Health Declaration questionnaire. If the answer to any of the questions is yes, you’ll need to call our Medical Screening Line on 0330Calls to 0330 numbers are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on a mobile phone or a landline. Calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. 123 3690.
You can adjust your policy by choosing cover options for:
- Winter sports cover for skiing, snowboarding, and off-piste skiing with a qualified instructor. This also includes extra protection for injury and damaged or stolen equipment.
- Excess waiver cover so you won’t need to pay any part of any claims you make.
03 numbers: Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calling a standard geographic number starting with 01 or 02 from your fixed line or mobile and may be included in your call package dependent on your service provider.
0800 numbers: Calls to 0800 numbers are normally free from a UK landline, but charges may apply from mobile phones. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.
0845 numbers: Call costs may vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.
Medical cover: applies to travelling abroad.
Home Visits: Backpackers Travel Insurance enables you to return to your home on three occasions for a maximum of seven days on each occasion. There is no cover under any section of the policy from the time you leave the international departure point to the time you return back to your destination.