Whether your move is temporary or permanent, redirecting your post will save you time and effort – and reduce the risk of identity theft.
Why redirect your post?
- Get all your post forwarded without having to tell everyone you've moved
- Flexible timescales – you can redirect your post for: up to three months, three to six months, or six months to a year
- Choose the address – you can have your post redirected to a UK or international address
- Extend the service - you can renew your Redirection
Action Fraud – the UK’s national fraud and internet crime reporting centre – recommends you use the Redirection service for at least one year after you move to prevent identity fraud.
How it works
We can redirect post from most UK addresses to any UK or international address, even PO Box addresses.
Redirections to European Union destinations (excluding the UK) are subject to VAT.
- Complete a Redirection form – these are available at a Post Office branch, or you can view one online.
- Take your completed Redirection form to your nearest branch, along with the proof of name and address documents requested on the form.
- We set up your Redirection with Royal Mail.
- Once they’ve received your application, Royal Mail will have your service up and running within five working days.
Other Redirection forms
You can download other Redirection forms for special circumstances, for example when someone dies or you have power of attorney, here at Royal Mail