Aged 18 to 65? Going to be spending three months to a year travelling or living abroad? Get all the cover you need while you’re away.
- 3 months to 1 year: make your trip as long as you like
- Cover for the essentials: cancellation cover of up to £5,000 plus medical and personal belongingsMedical cover is limited to £10,000 in the UK and there are single item/valuable restrictions of £300. cover
- Come home: cover for a single two week trip back home whenever you like
Post Office ® Travel Insurance is underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited
How it works
Anyone who is aged between 18 and 65 and lives in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man can apply.
Pick the geographical area you’d like cover for. If you’re not sure which area is right for you call 0800Calls to 0800 numbers are normally free from UK landlines but charges may apply from mobile phones. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes. 294 2292.
Long Trip Travel Insurance also includes cover for more than 90 activities as standard; from fishing, abseiling and swimming to pony trekking, banana boat rides and zorbing.
If you have a pre-existing medical condition or have had a serious illness then you’ll need to complete our Health Declaration questionnaire . If the answer to any of the questions is yes, you’ll need to call our Medical Screening Department on 0845Call costs may vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes. 602 5275.
Upgrade your cover
You can adjust your policy before purchase by adding extra cover or changing your excess. Choose from the following options:
- Winter sports cover for up to 28 days for skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, and off-piste skiing with a qualified instructor. This also includes extra protection for injury and damaged or stolen equipment.
- Hazardous activities cover for experiences like scuba diving, mountain biking and sea kayaking. See the full list of activities
- Reduced medical excess lets you bring the cost of this excess down from £125 to £50. See the details in the full policy document
0800 numbers: Calls to 0800 numbers are normally free from a UK landline, but charges may apply from mobile phones. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.
0845 numbers: Call costs may vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.
Medical and personal belongings: Medical cover is limited to £10,000 in the UK and there are single item/valuable restrictions of £300.